Last year, my family and I went
to Rome. We reserved the hotel in a town next to Rome, named “Ciampino”.
When we arrived to the local
airport, we asked someone how we could go to Ciampino, he answered that we
could go to there by bus or a cap. We decided to take a bus, because it was cheaper.
When we got into the bus, I
showed the bus driver the name of the place that we needed to go and he nodded,
I told him “please, tell us when we are there”, and he nodded again.
After twenty minutes, the bus driver
said in high voice: “Ciampino”. My husband told me: “Ceyra is time to get out”,
but I told him “No Humberto, we need to go to “Chipriano”. My husband gave me a
strange look, but he thought that I knew because I had the address.
Ten minutes later, my husband and
I saw through the window that the bus was leaving the town, then we asked to
other passenger if the bus was going to pass near Chipriano. He didn´t
understand us, then we asked the bus driver and he didn´t understand either,
but I showed him the address and he told us, we have left Ciampino already.
In that moment, my family and I
got out the bus. We were in industrial zone so we didn´t see anyone around.
We began to walk until we found a
little restaurant, but it was in other side of the street. We needed to cross it,
but it was very difficult because it was crowded, then we stopped the cars with
our hands raised, while we were crossing it. When we arrived to the little
restaurant, we asked the waiter how we can go to Ciampino. He explained us that
we must go to the other side of the street and there we had to take the bus
that took us there.
We returned to the other side of
street. We must cross the street of similar way that the first time. There, we
were waiting for more and less fifteen minutes, when, oh surprise, the bus that
we took, it was the same that left us there, and in that moment it was returning
to Ciampino.
This experience taught me two
things, one was that I need to know other language well because I will need to
speak it sometime, and the other was that Italian didn´t understand easy, I was
wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment