Monday, September 15, 2014

A BAD DAY By: María Camila Gutiérrez Jaramillo

December /2010

I had been studying physics all day for an exam before I received a call from a friend named Santiago inviting me to his birthday celebration that night at his home. I was hesitating about accept the invitation because I had to study and it was a really important exam. Finally, I decided to go to the celebration so I changed my clothes and chose a dress from my wardrobe. My friend used to live in the other side of the city at Santa Monica so I took a cab. While I was in the cab, I was putting on makeup as I could, I forgot to indicate the driver to use other way because the normal road was closed. So when he realized about that he got mad at me and he tried to make me paid even more than the fair price.
But the story doesn’t end there…
When I arrived to my friend's house, the doorkeeper doesn't let me enter because no one answered the phone, so I had to call my friend a million times to his cellphone until he finally answered. I was really upset.
I was just entering to his house when I realize that it wasn’t just a celebration with friends but with the family too, now I was upset and embarrassed. I decided not to worry about that and enjoy the celebration.

Later, while I was sitting in the couch with other friends, Santiago asked me if I could take his computer from his room to put some music. My friend’s room was in the second floor of the house so, I went upstairs, and I looked for the computer and took it with the charger and the mouse too. I was just coming down the stairs when I tripped on a rug and I fell down the stairs (I had the computer in my hands). I was trying to save the computer while I fell down, so I took it to my chest, hugging it tightly and I fell on my knees. Everyone was watching me and I just wanted to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment