I was born in Medellin and I’ve lived all my
live here. Always Football likes to me, I’m not fan of any team of Medellin
though. In middle 80’s there was a Football team which had won four championships
in row its name was America of Cali. The America’s Coach was Gabriel Ochoa
Uribe who had known my father in those years. He was in Medellin with his team
to play a match with Medellin team. My father had been working for National and
Medellin for few years, both are Football teams from Medellin city and because
of that job my father had known many people around football like the coach of
America of Cali team.
When my father realizes that the America was in
the city he wanted to go to the hotel where the team was staying to say hello
to his friend Gabriel Ochoa. I was 7 years old when it happened. Before the
game my father took me to the Hotel where America of Cali team was staying.
When we show up the hotel the America’s coach greetings us and tell us that he
was making the technical talk when we show up, but it wasn’t any problem. He
asks me if I would like to know the football players. I was excited because I
had never known a professional football player and it would be the opportunity to
know a completely team.
My father and I walked into the room where the
team’s been having its talk and the Coach introduce me every one members of the
team. The team was very friendly with me and I was so impressed to be there
that I couldn’t say anything. Due to that I only could say one word, Hello! And
before I left the room the Coach asks me in front of them if I would be a new
fan of America of Cali and I answer, of course, yes!. Thanks to my answer the
Coach gave me a ticket for the game which took place that day in the afternoon.
I went to the match and unfortunately my new
team lost the game. However I go on being fan for America of Cali even after
that loss. Although America is playing in a low category due to its bad results
I still being fan of this team.
No comments:
Post a Comment